Monday 1 January 2018

New Years Resolutions

This new year was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I've been a little under the weather. I can't even say I'm really sick, as I've just got some sinus and chest congestion, but I've been doing my best to combat it at the beginning. The weird hours over the holiday haven't helped. But, this is the first time I've had any kind of illness in quite some time.

When I found out that GBS was considered an auto immune disease, I did a lot of research on functional medicine. So in other words, treating your illness with your food, meditation, and physical activity. I do take some supplements, but in general, we try very hard to eat nutrient dense foods in a large variety.

As of late, I have been slipping in my diet habits, and I have been noticing. Nothing drastic, just small things that to me, are indicative of some of the issues I have chronically had for most of my life. I know that auto-immune issues are much more common in women than in men, and I also know that I have a history of them in my family. So with this information, I try to do my best to preemptively make the decisions that I know make me feel better.

There are also the things with your mental state and stress that play a huge part in nervous system function. So to combat these I had also started a gratitude journal that I have let slip in the last couple months. Add some meditation I haven't been doing, and it's back to a long list of changes that I need to take the time to re-implement into my life.

Most of these things weren't even part of my goals for this year. Again, like we've said in our I Ho Chuan meetings many times, the perfect time to restart is now. So, with the beginning of a new calendar year, I am going to reaffirm why these things are important to me and start over.

No comments: