Sunday 21 January 2018

Preparations

Since coming home from China, and actually including my last year there, I have been part of the I Ho Chuan. It is going to be an interesting time transitioning into not being on the team. I'm hoping that a)Dan will be a sort of lifeline to the team and b)many of the relationships I've built over the past several years will keep me feeling connected. This is the most important thing that Sifu Brinker and I discussed. I will have to make an effort to connect with people and also make sure I ask others for help.

I have been spending a lot of our recent practices trying to really immerse myself in the process of our preparations.  Enjoying the time with my team mates, taking inspiration from our progress, and putting it into my own practice. These are the things I will miss the most.

That being said, I have set myself some lofty goals for the next year. I am going to have to work twice as hard to stay mentally engaged, and I will have to be more accountable to myself. These are some of the things that my next year will bring to the forefront of my training. I know it's not over yet, but it's coming quick. I'm still working towards my requirements, but also mentally preparing myself for what's to come. It will be a new adventure.

No comments: