Sunday 14 January 2018

Simplify

One of my goals for the coming year is to re-organize and get rid of some stuff I no longer use, or that I never used to begin with. As I met with Sifu Brinker, he suggested that it's easier to clean and organize if you live a more minimalistic lifestyle. He was telling me about his journey of trying to cut his possessions down to one hundred. I said to him though, just with the amount of canning supplies I have, I think that would take up nearly half of my total number.

This week Dan and I moved back into our own place. I realized while unpacking and deciding what I should get rid of, that it isn't necessarily about the number 100. Just like the push ups that we do daily aren't about the number 50,000. The number is irrelevant. It's what the number represents and what we've learned on our journey.

You have to have a goal and something to work towards. I think this will be a great way to simplify my life.

No comments: