Wednesday 16 March 2016

Day Seized

I am very competitive by nature. It's something that I'm constantly battling. I decided it's good I didn't play team sports when I was a kid. Kung fu was perfect for me. Something that encourages that you work together, but at the same time for individual progress.

I try hard not to compare myself to others but I spend a lot of time also competing with myself. Am I better than I was yesterday? Can I do more of this than I could before? It helps me push myself, but during this experience I've also learned that sometimes I can't do more than I could yesterday. Whether it's life or injuries or some other  I should just be able to do my best today. Be satisfied with my best everyday. Numbers give you a goal, or a quantifiable amount to mark your progress. If at the end of the day I can say that I devoted myself to the pursuit of mastery, I should feel like the day was a success. I'm working on it.




1 comment:

Jeff Brinker said...

Excellent post. You also used one of my all-time favourite Calvin and Hobbes.