Sunday 8 April 2018

Step 2

This week the lion dance seminar started. It was very difficult for me not to take part in it. I was proud of myself though. That might seem weird.

I had decided previously that I was going to take part in the seminar, and over time, I started to question whether it was a great idea or not. I've been feeling a little overwhelmed recently, and I am trying to recognize when I start to feel that way.

I am one of those people that tends to over commit and burn out. I still don't have the same amount of energy I had before GBS, but I think I manage my energy pretty well. I have been starting out most of my days with a little meditation or qi gong to get myself off on the right foot.

Trying to take some courses and work full time is tougher than I expected, and so I'm trying to continue forward, and not let my school progress stagnate. It's interesting taking an online course. It challenges me and my tendency to procrastinate.

All in all, things are positive. I recognized the symptoms of negativity and made decisions preemptively to counteract it. Definitely another step in the right direction.

No comments: