Sunday 1 April 2018

Pilates

I've started going to Pilates once a week. It was never something I was particularly interested in, but some things about my body after my recovery have changed, and I've started having some pretty serious back/hip issues that I wanted to do something about. Stretching helps, but it's not enough. 

I had a one on one session on Saturday morning which was really great. I noticed some things about my posture that could really use some changing. Also, I made some realizations about the fact that I'm not using the right muscles to do my stances sometimes. I think that might be why, my back actually gets worse the more I practice. Don't get me wrong, I'm still working on everything, but we made some small adjustments to my horse stance. And a few observations about some of my kicks that might help me out.

One of my goals this year was to work on strengthening my core to help with my back, and I feel like I'm definitely going in the right direction. 

No comments: