Wednesday 31 August 2016

Numbers

So the problem for me with this whole recording numbers business, a lot of the time comes down to literally, just writing them down. Mentally, I'm all for the incremental progression through daily practice. Even if I fall off the wagon once in a while, it's generally easy for me to get going again. I just show up to class, remember how much I love what I'm doing and believe in the program, and then bam! I'm back...

But when it comes down to recording the numbers and keeping track of where I'm at.. I suck. No, that's not true. I've been trying to test out some new ways of doing it. I thought, there's probably a more efficient way of doing this, so I'm going to try... something new. But I've now gone back to my original way. Whether it's more effective or efficient for anyone else is pretty irrelevant. And it might seem silly to do it the way I did, but it was working. I'm all for innovation, but not if it's not effective. So I'm back at it again. Not just the acts, but the numbers too. I try not to lie to myself, and this is just like a giant mirror, showing you the things you didn't accomplish today, and all the things you're excited about working on again tomorrow. 

No comments: