Thursday 8 September 2016

My Calendar

I wrote a blog last time about my numbers. Numbers are something I've been struggling with since I came home. So funny, how did I do it in China? It seemed so simple...

Oh wait, I remember. All I did all day was kung fu. It's much easier to achieve your numbers when you're not cooking and doing dishes all the time. When you don't have family commitments. When you don't have a garden to take care of. Reality check.

I don't live in China anymore, with the responsibilities I have now, I just don't have the same time to devote to my training. But this is where I need to start incorporating my training throughout the day. I went back to my old method of recording, and I love it. So simple, but so effective. I've been doing some bike riding. Not for numbers, but because I enjoy it and it is building up my endurance and cardio slowly. I've started teaching Sifu Randy Langner some Chinese calligraphy. I don't know if he realized how detailed it was. Just like training. Every movement has intent. This has also reminded me how much I enjoy the practice, and inspired me to pull out the brushes more often.

It's been a process of trial and error so far this year. I have definitely made progress though. And I don't even mean just since my GBS but also in areas that I struggled with before. I too struggle with consistency, but I think I've found a bit more of a routine for myself. I'm feeling positive about the remainder of the year.

No comments: