Monday 22 August 2016

Life's Path

Since going on the wolf walk and hearing the story of the people owning it, I have been thinking a lot about how our lives evolve.

At boot camp Sifu Brinker asked us, "how many people here feel that they individually have the power to change the world?" I didn't. I do feel I have the power to create change in my environment. But I also started thinking about it more afterwards. I can change the world. Through my actions, I create a ripple affect that can affect those around me, and in turn affects those that they interact with. Thinking about this had lead me to think about all of our interactions. How many ripples have we created that have traveled the world?

When I asked Shelly how she had gotten into wolf handling ( I guess I'll call it that) she said her and her husband were photographers and decided to adopt a wolf. That was a while ago. Since then she said that they decided to use their photography as a platform for educating people about wolves. They took a single step towards something they were passionate about and since then, their lives have kind of unfolded around them. I'm sure it took hard work at times, and a lot of dedication, but I'm pretty sure that's what kung fu is about.

No comments: