Wednesday 15 January 2014

Freezing!

I remember now why I hate January here. For anyone that I haven't already complained to about this, we have no heater in our room. So if it's cold outside, it definitely cold inside. Sometimes it's actually colder inside than it is outside. Usually the reverse. Anyways. I've taken to surrounding myself with hot water bottles and trying to spend as much time as possible under the blanket on my bed.

This week has been so cold. It's been around a high of 3. I was trying to think of things that I've learned from living like this. It's interesting because the lesson is always the same. Living here sucks, and I don't have the things that make me feel comfortable. And so, when I'm home, I appreciate those things so much more. Just being inside my parents' house on a cold night, enjoying the wood burning stove is something that I fantasize about. It's made me realize how much I have at home, and how little I really need.

I don't need a mansion. I don't need gadgets and toys to keep me entertained. I don't even want to have a television. I love living a simple life. I can come home to my warm house, cook myself some home made food, drink some delicious tea. Maybe enjoy a glass of wine. Listen to music. Play the guitar. Read. Meditate. Train. What else do I need?

1 comment:

Sifu Robyn Kichko said...

That's sound great! We could be roommates :)