Wednesday 22 January 2014

150 push ups/sit ups

So the goals I set this year are of course really pushing my boundaries. I mean, that's the point right? So now I need to think a little bit. I may have been a bit ambitious with my push ups in particular. I don't know why, but you know doing 150 sit ups in a day is kind of like nothing. I probably could have doubled it and been okay, except I might run out of spare time to actually accomplish them.

The push ups though I need to be more careful. I have an issue with the right shoulder that I've been dealing with for I don't even know how long. I've really been trying to mix up the type of push ups I'm doing, and how often and how many. I want to improve so I can't just do 10 all the time. Sometimes I want to do 40. Saying that though, I've been feeling it a bit this week and I've decided I've got to be careful. Doing push ups is a great exercise for strength building and of course for discipline, but I have to factor in all the other actions in a day I'm expected to perform. I should have left myself one day a week to recover.

So I haven't accomplished all of my pushups. I can be really hard on myself at times, and failing is not something I take lightly. But I thought about it and I've come to the decision that it's okay. For now, I can only do what I can do. So instead of beating myself up about it and getting discouraged and depressed, I've just been reminding myself that every day is a new day. If I didn't finish my push ups yesterday it doesn't matter. I can finish them today. Maybe today I can do extra. The numbers in the end aren't what's important to me. Just pushing myself to continue trying is how I'm really going to improve.

1 comment:

Sifu Robyn Kichko said...

You definitely have the right attitude, you just gotta keep pushing ( pun intended!)