Sunday 16 February 2020

Sister Love

I spent the last 10 days visiting with my sister and brother-in-law in Penticton. This was an exciting trip as they've recently moved from Houston to Penticton. I remember saying to Dan about one year ago how much I love my life and how happy I was and the only thing that could make it better is if Brandi moved closer. I got my wish.

It was amazing how quickly we got into a rhythm. Firstly, travelling with a baby, any major changes can be pretty stressful so in that sense, it was not the most relaxing trip I've ever taken. On the other hand however, we spent evenings practing Tai Ji 108 together and stretching and it felt great to go to bed with the relaxed post Tai Ji/Stretching sleepies. We walked a lot on a daily basis, and being as Simon and Brandi are vegan, ate pretty healthy the whole time we were there. I also got to take a look at their plans for their curriculum and bounce some ideas around with them. 

It's so easy to get caught up in day to day life with a baby and a home to maintain. I'm happy I could take this trip to remind myself that I can incorporate more and more practice into my life, even if it's only stretching before bed and brainstorming ideas. 

1 comment:

Tania Brinker said...

So glad you got to visit with them!