Sunday 2 February 2020

Morning Routine

I have been reflecting on my goals for this year recently. As I mentioned, I am behind with my goals setting. Not in deciding what the goals are, but in my plans to actually achieve them. I'm quite aware that a goal without a plan is just a dream. Physically I have some catching up to do. I've lost a fair amount of strength and movement in certain ways since becoming pregnant and having Claire. Although I've allowed myself a certain leeway here, it's about time for me to step up my game.

The problem lies in the execution. I'm already over tired a lot of the time, and hate to lose any sleep, but I feel that the morning, before Claire is awake, would be the best time for me to get practice in. I mean sure, she goes to bed at 730. But, by the time the evening happens, the kitchen is a mess from cooking throughout the day and there's usually a significant amount of baby cleanup. So I'm going to start setting an alarm (up to this point, I allowed Claire to be my alarm). Drag myself out of bed in the morning, and make some of my dreams into goals again. I know how beneficial a morning routine can be, and so I need to work on my follow through in this aspect.

No comments: