Sunday 27 May 2018

Re-perspectivized (yep I made that up)

These past few weeks have been difficult on me mentally and emotionally. After Dan's motorcycle accident, we were left with a lot of headaches in regards to the insurance company. The other party denying fault, whether or not it makes sense to fix the bike that they wrote off, or whether we should take the money and walk away. When will we get the police report? We've been left in a sort of limbo.

Then, last Saturday, I got a call from a collections agency regarding a credit card that I don't actually have. I confirmed with BMO that indeed, this is a legitimate call, but then am left with hours of time on the phone, filling out papers, filing a police report etc., attempting to prove that I am really me, and that no I have never had that credit card. I have been left feeling victimized, concerned, and all around pretty vulnerable.

Thankfully, we had Pandamonium this weekend. This was a great way to bring me back to the moment, to engage with some very important causes, and participate in an event that really speaks to me. Also, I spent the day surrounded by friends and like-minded individuals, who constantly leave me feeling inspired and fulfilled. I am so grateful to be a part of Silent River Kung Fu.

No comments: