Monday 3 July 2017

Plastic Free July

So I came across an email that I would have shared earlier if I had the chance to read it. It's about something called Plastic Free July. People take a pledge to not purchase any single use plastic products. This is something I think about often when I shop, but this month, hopefully I'll really get some good ideas. There's a mailing list where they send out tips and tricks to keep your purchases plastic free.

This doesn't mean that you can't use plastic. We all have containers that are designed to be used many times before being recycled. Also, now that I've discovered bringing my own containers into places like bulk barn, I might be able to enjoy a lot  of the same foods, without all the trash. I'm going to try and buy a lot of my berries and fruits from the farmers market. Since the vendors there are perfectly content to let you bring in your own containers. It is mostly going to take a lot of prep and a lot more forethought before heading out to shop for groceries. I know it's going to be challenging, but I'm also sure it will be a lot of fun to challenge myself like this. I left the link below for anyone else interested in trying to take this on.


http://action.storyofstuff.org/sign/plastic-free-july17/?t=4&akid=7276.1016292.fRAMap

No comments: