Sunday 21 May 2017

Houston

I've been having a great time here with Brandi and her husband Simon. It's great to get out of the routine and mix things up for a refresher.  We spent a large part of this morning talking about dreams and the subconscious mind.  Simon is great to bounce ideas off of because his major is religious studies and the occult and so he has many different cultural and spiritual references to draw from.

Simon was also a classmate of ours in China.  So the three of us spent yesterday morning all going through some forms together.  Discussing applications and the internal theory of movements.  So even though I'm away, I've been able to get some really great practice in.  I needed this time to really get back into a positive mindset.

This morning we went to a craft museum which was both super interesting and also very heavy.  There was an exhibit there focusing on veterans and the art they've created to deal with their feelings while trying to reintegrate back into society.  It really provokes thought to the struggle that veterans must go through.  It brought me mentally back to the kind-act-a-thon. Reminding myself of the power of kindness.  I've been really taking the time to look for opportunities for acts of kindness.  Keeping that at the forefront while I'm here.  Taking time to smile at a museum security guard and hold the door for someone. I'm looking forward to pandamonium.

No comments: