Sunday 5 March 2017

Roatan

This will probably be a short one. I've been using my time on this holiday to meditate on the beauty of a place like this. It's nice sometimes to have a change of scenery to remind you how very lucky you are to be alive. I've had some time to discuss China and go over some of the forms I learned in China with Brandi and Simon. It feels so right to be hanging with my sister. Again, I am reminded of how much I miss her, but also how lucky I am to have someone that I have such a strong bond with. There is nothing in the world like the relationship we share. 

Roatan is not exactly what I was expecting, as I've never been to central or South America. But the people here are very friendly and helpful and it's nice to be in a place that feels so different, but so welcoming at the same time. I know I won't be able to afford another holiday like this for quite some time, so I've made up my mind to be fully present and savour this time with my family.

It's hard to keep much of a routine here, as I hardly know the time each day, but I've been getting a little bit of practice in. As always I look forward to being back home and getting back into the groove of things.

3 comments:

Sharidactyl said...

Enjoy your time away! Say Hi to Brandi and Simon from me.

Unknown said...

Yes, enjoy your time away!

Kevin Lindstrom said...

I hope it was a relaxing trip.