Friday 30 September 2016

Courage

This week has been an interesting one. I went to a open house sorta thingy at a naturopath clinic that my Aunt has been going to. It's really caught my interest. I've never been to a naturopath before. I've considered it several times since I began my recovery, but I think I was a little bit afraid. I've experienced as much pain in this year, as most people probably experience in their lives. And it scares me to think that I might have to go through any of that again. But I'm convinced that I should at least go for some testing, and then decide if I want to proceed with whatever treatment they recommend.. I'm most excited about live blood cell analysis. I want to see my cells on a screen. Sounds cool!

I also was presented with my courage award from the Glenrose this week. It was nice to be there and to be up and walking around, able to accept my award on my feet. I got to chat with my old roomie, another courage award recipient about how she's progressing. Now that is a lady that inspires me! She's 70 something and had to start all over again. And she's still working on it. No giving up for that woman. That's for sure. And she's very lovely to talk to. Such a kind and caring person.

I am just constantly reminded of how lucky I am. My biggest fear right now, is that I'll forget it somewhere along the way. Like Sifu Brinker often tells us, the memories will fade and you'll forget. I hope it takes a long time for that to happen.

No comments: