Thursday 17 December 2015

Preparation

This week has been a bit overwhelming. I've gone back to work. Just kind of casually for the moment, because it's quite slow. So I work a couple hours a day doing inventory and some paperwork. Sometimes it feels like a big change, but I laugh when  I remember Brandi and I coming back to work full time one day after coming home from China.

I`ve been trying to get things better organized so that I can prepare for the coming year of the monkey. Because I have a lot of the same goals, I think I can progress on my current goals while coming up with a great routine for next year. At least that`s kind of the plan at this point. I`ve had to change the way I do a lot of things from last year, so I can`t really just jump into the way I was doing everything before. Resourceful. I`m trying to be very resourceful. It`s going to be interesting.

I also started registering for courses in business management at Athabasca University. I`m going to try to take things slowly at first, I don`t know what kind of pace I`ll be able to manage, but I`m looking forward to some school. It`s been ages since high school though, and since I never went to post secondary, I am honestly, a little nervous.

I've also been getting ready to go to New Mexico on holidays for a couple of weeks. Which I'm so excited for. I cannot wait to see my sister again. We lived together in the same room for five years in China. Now we don`t even live in the same country. We talk usually twice a week sometimes for a couple of hours. Sometimes about nothing, sometimes about everything. At least it feels that way. It`s going to be fun, but also because I have a lot of extra things to remember to bring, I`ve been making lists and definitely checking them twice.

No comments: