Friday 11 December 2015

Bruce Wayne

It's a funny thing how our pets can come to reflect our own personalities, how they make us practice compassion, and how they can make us realize so much about our own character.

Bruce was a great kitty. He was really young and starving when he showed up on our back deck. I had to feed him. At that moment, he adopted us as his family. Not that any of us could get anywhere near him at first. We've been lucky to have him in our lives for almost 5 years, and only recently had he actually started to enjoy spending time inside with us. But he secretly loved to be cuddled, and loved, as long as he knew you. And, as long as you weren't too loud. Unfortunately he left us on Wednesday night.

I'm not very good at dealing with sick animals, but I was forced to deal with it on Wednesday. It was hard. I'm sensitive. Thank god I wasn't alone. It's lonely at  home without him. Another reminder of how fragile life is. I feel like the world is trying to tell me something.

Now I'm left with a grumpy old cat with arthritis. Who secretly also loves cuddles. Only on his own terms.

1 comment:

Khona said...

Pets have a way of worming themselves into our hearts, don't they? I'm sorry to hear Bruce is gone, may he be chasing mice in endless fields of catnip wherever he is.