Monday 23 February 2015

Beginnings of the sheep



I didn't post last week. As I'm sure you can imagine, my head was a mess and I just didn't know where to start. I'm writing this blog on my phone, in bed sick. Yep that's my post-banquet glow. Almost immediately after it was over, I crashed. Had a fever all night, and today I'm just going to rest. Gotta make sure I get rid of all that emotional stuff so I guess I'm just going to sweat it out. You know when you've been working really hard non-stop and then all of a sudden you have time for a breather, that's when I normally get sick.




Saturday was an amazing day for me. Between helping with the setup, and getting a chance to spend some time with some of my team members (horse and sheep) I really couldn't have had more fun. The lion dance and demos were nearly flawless, and hopefully most people didn't even notice the mistakes.




The part I was most anxious about was my speech. I don't talk about my feelings well, or often enough, and I was so afraid that I wouldn't make it through. But it went well, I mostly held it together. Up until Sifu Tymchuk's speech anyways. And luckily by that point all eyes were on him..




Everyone has been so incredibly supportive of me in these last months and you all have no idea how meaningful it was for me to have you all there for my promotion. Thank you to everyone that volunteered any of their time or efforts into making the banquet happen. It was spectacular!

1 comment:

Sharidactyl said...

Your right Sifu. It was spectacular and so were you! It was great being on your team for your grading!