Sunday 21 December 2014

This week

I had a rough week this week. I came back from Canmore last Thursday and discovered a few days later that I was covered in bites (what I assumed to be bed bug bites). So I proceeded to tear apart my entire room, wash and dry everything on high heat. I sprayed my mattress down with a bug killer, and was then forced to sleep on the couch for 3 nights.

Meanwhile, early in the week I discovered a lump in the back of my neck. Like an abnormal lump. And three days later I find that it's grown and it's much harder. Suddenly my mind runs to everything from a nest of spider eggs to crazy malignant cancer. I know these things are both totally unlikely, but the fact that  I'm already exhausted and covered in horribly itchy bites doesn't make me particularly rational.

I couldn't find my Alberta health care card and was convinced that I was going to miss my doctor's appointment. I did make it to the doctor, and no I don't have cancer or a nest of spider eggs. Just a possibly swollen lymph gland.

I wake up on the couch on Friday morning and my back is killing me.

Thankfully, I decided I should still give training a shot. I felt so much better after getting some really good practice in. Kung fu saves me again. Whew!


1 comment:

Lindsay Gibbons said...

I would freak right out if I woke up with bites all over me. Hope it worked out.