Thursday 1 May 2014

Friends

Over the years here I have had the privilege of meeting so many incredible people (and lots of crazy ones). I've met people from all over the world and some of them have become a second family to me. I know that if I were to be in their respective countries, I could always count on them to do whatever they could for me and vice versa. It's amazing that I've had this opportunity and I've learned a lot about other cultures because of all these people.

Sometimes it's really hard to see them go. It's like you've met a person that you have become so close to, in however long they've been here (sometimes a couple of months, sometimes a year or more), and when it's time, they just get up and walk out of your life. And of course I know many of them I will see again, and many of them I keep in touch with. But sometimes there's a question in your mind. You think, I really love this person, but will I ever see them again? I always of course hope the answer is yes, but I imagine there will be people that I won't have the opportunity to see again. We aren't all on the same path.

Three wonderful people left the school this week. They made an important impact on my time here, and I guess all I can do is say thank you. I'm so grateful we got to know one another.

No comments: