Tuesday 29 May 2012

Meditation

We're about to head into 3 days of meditation. By this, I don't mean that we meditate for 72hours straight. We have three sessions of 2 hours every day, for three days. We also have a free morning class where we can practice Qi Gong to start out our day.

I'm excited and apprehensive about it. I'm not a natural when it comes to meditation and I find it difficult to quiet my mind. But that being said, that's one of the greatest things about meditation for three days, you're bound to get something out of it so long as you stick with it.

I had the inspiring experience of just giving my Shifu a massage. I know, it doesn't sound that inspiring. The difference in the feeling of his muscles and tendons, compared to mine are tangible. I don't believe I've ever felt tissue of that consistency before. He used the word melting to describe the state of his body's softness. He also said that sometimes his body is too soft, so he has to practice to strengthen the muscles. His internal practice sometimes just leaves me in awe. Truly motivating.

No comments: