Thursday 17 May 2012

Guilin

We've just arrived home from an amazing trip. Not only did we all get the chance to eat tonnes of Western food, but it was amazingly beautiful. Guilin is a city where there are so many activities to do, it's hard to be bored. If it hadn't started raining buckets on our last couple days there, I don't know how much rest I would've actually gotten.


It just reminded me how much I love being outside, in a natural setting. I often take it for granted while training, because I spend the majority of my time outside, sweating my butt off. There's many days where the weather is oppressively hot and the last thing I want to do is be outside. But going on this trip gave me the opportunity to reflect on my past jobs and activities, and to consider myself fortunate to be able to enjoy this kind of lifestyle every day.

I feel a certain sense of freedom being able to detach myself from the problems of every day life, and to just revel in the wonders of the earth. I feel tired from the trip, but revitalized.

No comments: