Sunday 1 July 2018

Happy Canada Day

I feel like I accomplish so much more during a long weekend than I do on any regular weekend. I wonder if that's just perception. I mean obviously, I have a whole extra day. But I seem to find that I squeeze in much more during the regular two days than I usually do. Again, is that possibly just perception?

It's interesting how dynamic time can be. It can move incredibly fast when I'm immersed in a task, especially one with a deadline. But in moments, time can slow down to a crawl and it seems I have all the time in the world, although I find these moments few and far between. Reading Sharida's blog, I've really been trying to take an extra 5 minutes for myself to bask in the glory of living life. I've had some really great moments this weekend.

It's very easy to get carried away by the momentum of life and of stress and business. I was fortunate enough this weekend to have the time to enjoy the tasks I had to do, make choices as to the priority of each of the things, and make tangible progress towards completing them. Plus, I got some quality dog time, which was therapy all in itself..

No comments: