Sunday 18 June 2017

Balance

I've been working for my parents pretty much since I got out of the hospital. Just a few hours here and there in the beginning. I couldn't drive and so would end up riding in with my mom and just doing what I could to kill time. I've been fortunate that I was mostly able to make my own hours and work as much as I could while often leaving randomly for appointments and heading home for naps when I was really beat. I've also been fortunate in that I was still putting in a lot of time at the kwoon. Staying for Monday, Wednesday evenings until 930 and not worrying too much about getting up for 545am. Putting my energy in where I most wanted to.

At work we've just hired 20 new employees and it looks like it's going to be a busy summer. I've been putting in full time hours, sometimes more just so I can finish my daily tasks. I've been really struggling to keep up with everything at work, and as far as my training goes, a lot of it has really fallen off. I struggle with my energy levels as I've mentioned before, and I'm not really keeping up. So, I've decided I need to cut back my time at the kwoon. I really can't cut back hours at work. I feel they've been more than accommodating for my weird schedule. It's time for me to buckle down and do my part. No more orange/green class for me. At least not regularly. I love that class. It's been the most rewarding for me to be part of. I felt like I was really starting to connect with some of the students. But my health has to come first. So there it is... 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We will miss you but health must come first for sure

Jeff Brinker said...

You definitely will be missed. You have been a great asset to all the classes you attend.