Wednesday 11 January 2017

Past Masters

After hearing about Master Hilbig, I have been thinking a lot about my relationship with Sifu Brinker and the rest of the Sifus who have made me what I am today. Do I show them enough appreciation? Do they know how much their guidance has meant to me over the years? I have spent the entire night/day thinking and reflecting about who my mentors are and what they mean to me.

I am not great with emotion. Especially since I had my encounter with GBS. I am easily brought to tears. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking of the time and effort all of my teachers have invested in me. It is no small feat to have inspired others to follow such an arduous path. But I can't imagine my life without kung fu. It would leave me feeling unfulfilled and unsatisfied, and a gaping hole where once was a lifelong pursuit. I just  hope that my continued dedication gives them back at least as much as they have given me.

No comments: