Sunday 22 January 2017

Moving Forward

I'm not great at writing under pressure. Of course I thought I had a big idea for this blog, and I of course, left it for the last minute. I've been more consistent with my blogging the last couple of months, and so I've been trying to get back into the groove of things. I fell off for a while, but I will agree that nothing gets me more mentally engaged than writing. Mentally or physically. 

I had a great chat on the phone today with a friend of mine from Scotland. It was a reminder again of (a) how lucky I am to be here and (b) of how lucky I was to spend five years in China. I loved the training, I made some great friends and had awesome classmates.

The friends I made in China aren't like a lot of other friends. They're my brothers and sisters now. We lived together for 5 years. We cried together when we all graduated. And we all decided to dedicate ourselves to our training. But in a lot of ways, we are so different. We live in different countries, we have different goals. Our lives are moving in different directions. 

I am fortunate that I came home and had an amazing tool handed to me that I could use to continue on this path I've set out on. It is not such an easy adjustment back to the "real world" where you have to make money and pay bills and do maintenance on your car and so many things that are dismissed as just a part of life. I have a great team of people that constantly help keep me grounded. I am surrounded by people that I watch progress on their own and inspire me to keep working hard. The year of the monkey has been difficult, but I feel so much stronger and I've learned so much. I wouldn't give it back for anything.  

No comments: