Tuesday 24 May 2016

Costly Comparisons

Sitting in my car, catching up on blogs I come across this quote.. "comparison is the thief of joy" - Theodore Roosevelt.

Weird. I compare everything. I know I do. It's not something I do mindfully, it's just second nature at this point. It's been said to me many times by many different people that it's not always in my best interests to use comparisons all the time. This is better than that. I like this person more than that person because this person does such and such better. I was better before GBS. It took me about 2 seconds of reflection to bring tears to my eyes.

I know it's unfair to compare people. I know it's unfair to compare this me to the "old" me. My therapists at the Glenrose told me over and over again. You have GBS. You need to start fresh.

My brain is funny. It seems to think that comparisons somehow qualify things. Quality control. I think I need to take some time to re-evaluate what my values are.

I've been falling behind with a lot of my requirements. I've been exhausted. This month has been crazy. These are excuses. I think there's a lot of re-evaluation required at this point.

2 comments:

Sifu Beckett Sr. said...

Please remember to get enough rest!

Sifu Beckett Sr. said...

Please remember to get enough rest!