Friday 12 February 2016

Alabama Reflection

I am a very fortunate person. I could spend a day listing all of the things that I have to be grateful for just in this past year. When I really think about it, I've had so many amazing opportunities, and I've also been lucky in the people I've been able to spend my time with.

We've been talking in the I Ho Chuan meetings a bit about Alabama. I sit and reflect about our trip there all the time. There's something special about a place like that. Sometimes I feel as though  it's there as a constant reminder of how lucky I am. Not only that, but it also reminds me often of how important empathy is, and compassion, and I try to apply those thoughts to the things I do every day.

I met some extraordinary people. I met them and it made me realize that they ARE extraordinary but, not because of a cape that they wear or because they're famous. They're extraordinary because they're just like me in so many ways. Just regular people, working towards their own personal mastery. And that is something that is really amazing to see. That, in itself, is worth the trip. That is the kind of person I'm working to be. And it's incredibly inspiring.


No comments: