Thursday 19 November 2015

Quantitative Measurements

My physiotherapy this week was awesome. It had been 3weeks since my last therapy because my therapist had taken some time off. We did a few reassessments that hadn't been done yet since my discharge and the results were really exciting for me. 

We did a balance test which, the first time when I arrived at the Glenrose, I scored something like 15 out of 56. Before I was discharged I did the same assessment and scored 35 out of 56. Today I scored 54 out of 56! Talk about improvement. As much as I don't like doing all those assessments it's nice sometimes to have some kind of measurement of my progress. 

One of the most frustrating things is that the advancements that I make are such minute differences from day to day, sometimes it's hard to see. But it reminds me of the progress I've made personally over the past few years with the I Ho Chuan and all of the time I spent in China. If I just looked at my progress on a daily basis the changes are hard to see. It's important to live in the moment, but sometimes it's also really valuable to take a step back and look at where you've come from. Who you used to be. And that's when you really get a fresh perspective. It gives you a way to see how much you've truly changed and grown. 

No comments: