Friday 14 February 2014

Dragon Clawz

This week I made a cool breakthrough with my dragon claw. We had a great class on Wednesday morning of TaiJi walking followed by some TaiJi 28 and then free training so I took the opportunity to work on my dragon claw. I don't always get a lot of free time to work on the things that I 'want'. This is sort of something that we've learned but don't practice in class, so we're expected to work on it on our own if we really want to improve. 

My classmate Avi gave me a clever piece of advice as a stepping stone to try and build up to holding a dragon claw pushup. So I tried it, and I held my dragon claw plank position for 10 seconds, 2 times! Cool right? 

Now I know most people that read this, aren't going to really know what a dragon claw pushup is, so I'll try and take a photo this week sometime that I can maybe include in next week's blog entry. But anyways, it was exciting for me.

The weather still hasn't warmed up, which is so frustrating because I can't practice guitar for more than like 5 minutes, and I'm falling behind with my calligraphy. It's pretty hard to write characters in a refrigerator. But that's all the complaining I'm going to do. 

No comments: