Wednesday 1 May 2013

A Summary

It's been ages since my last post, and as I was explaining to my mom this morning, once I miss this much time it's so hard to start writing again because it seems like so much and so little has happened all at the same time. So I decided to write a few notes on the things I've been doing or feeling etc.

I turned 28. That number sounds crazy to me, because I still feel like I'm 20 years old. I spent the night in a hotel on the mountain and got up at 3am to start walking up the mountain to be there in time for sunrise. I am usually up for the sunrise here anyways. but being as we're in the mountains I don't generally get to see much. It was an amazing experience, although I don't think I've ever been so cold and so sweaty all at the same time.


We're almost finished learning the dadao form, which is crazy because that pretty much completes the list of forms outside of the internal qi gongs. I don't know what's coming next which makes me apprehensive and excited at the same time.

I touched my head to my foot for the first time this week. I had an interesting realization in regards to my stretching since I've been back from break. I didn't know before how hard I should or could be stretching. It's a balance between pushing yourself and hurting yourself. I now know that my threshold is much farther than I thought and my stretching has really been dramatically improving for the first time in 3 years. No one could have told this to me, it was something I had to work out for myself.

On a totally non-kungfu related note. I started taking kind of 'hip-hop' dancing lessons from another student here. It's been really fun. Looking forward to learning some more moves today.

No comments: