Thursday 23 October 2008

Departure from japan

So it is our last day here and I am almost regretful that we're leaving. Good thing that there is a lot to look forward to. Yesterday Brandi and I went to the Meiji Shrine and Yoyogi park and then spent the day walking around Harajuku. I don't think I've ever seen so many clothing stores. It's comparable to West Edmonton mall. But at least it's outside.
We then had an amazing macrobiotic, vegetarian dinner at a famous restaurant that has served people such as Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney. It was excellent!
Today we got up early and packed and spent most of our day touring the imperial gardens. Working in a Japanese garden this summer made me appreciate all the time and effort put into sculpting the trees and shrubs. The detail put into the pruning amazes me.
We went for organic tea at a great little cafe and had a wonderful chat with the woman who owns it. Sometimes it's difficult to communicate but she was very patient.
Last but definitely not the least we went and ate soba noodles at a little restaurant without chairs and where slurping and burping are heard so often they go unnoticed. Perfect for me! Hahaha.
Although Tokyo is far too busy for me, it's been a nice little vacation and I got to see some of the culture which I thoroughly enjoyed. Next time I would like to see more of the country. I will return again sometime in the future. Goodbye Japan!

No comments: