Sunday 18 March 2018

Houston+Cold

So, I got to spend 8 lovely days visiting my sister. I have to say, there is nothing better than the holidays I spend with her and my brother-in-law. We are great at holidaying together. We have some ideas of things we'd like to do, but no stress if any of the things don't happen or if plans change. We went to New Orleans for a couple of days, and spent most of our time just wandering around randomly and looking at things. The second day I probably walked a good 16 km.

Unfortunately, I've been fighting a cold for weeks. It's weird. Usually when I start to feel sick, I do everything I can think of to combat it. Eucalyptus oil, steaming, oregano oil, chicken broth, lots of green tea and water, lemon and honey, and dosing up on vitamins and lots of fruits and veggies. This time, I did all that stuff, and it didn't really work. I got a cold, got a little better, flew to Houston, got significantly worse, lost my voice for a couple of days, got better, flew home, got worse again. Now I'm stuck with some congestion and a really annoying cough.

I know part of my issue is I let myself get too stressed coming up on my vacation. But this thing has been making it very hard for me to recover. I'm more tired and therefore in itself, it's a struggle to beat it. Hopefully after this restful weekend, I'll kick it in the butt. I'm looking forward to being back in the groove of things this week.

No comments: