Sunday 5 November 2017

New Perspective

I'm in a pretty good mental space right now. I've been spending a lot of my time recently working on my perspective. As I said, it kind of started with the realization that I had made an agreement with myself that I was going to be tired, at the beginning of the day every day, and then just making that my reality.

This small sort of epiphany has led me to think a lot about all of the decisions I make regularly, consciously and unconsciously, that make up my personal reality. In the four agreements, the author talks at one point about how if you decide that you are stupid, you will take actions that affirm the belief that you are stupid.

I am starting to realize that there are many decisions I have made about who I am that are not really serving me. "I'm unmotivated" for example. Saying to myself, I'm not a very motivated person, makes that a reality for me. I make decisions throughout my life that reflect the belief I have about myself.

I got sick, and I believed that my nervous system was not working properly. Since then, I have had more and more problems with anxiety and stress. Is it okay to be struggling with these things? Of course. We all have difficulties that we work through in our lives.

I am just trying to be more in tune with what is happening with my mind and body, and spending less time making decisions about how or who I am or what I should be feeling and living in this reality. I am happy, I am healthy and I am blessed, in this life, right now.


No comments: