Monday 9 October 2017

A friend of mine has been living in Nepal for about nine months studying Tibetan Buddhism. Having a conversation recently she was explaining to me that a lot of their study and practice involves the preparation for death. They do not believe that this physical reality we live in now is the end of life. It is a state of consciousness that we all go through to get to the next dimension of reality. Every morning when you wake, before you move or get up, you open your eyes, look around, and ask yourself, "am I still part of this physical world?". If the answer is yes, the next thing you ask yourself is, "okay, now what am I going to do with this day?". It puts you into the right perspective first thing so that no matter what happens, you've set your intention for the day.

This week someone lost his life on one of our job-sites. I didn't know him personally, but as I'm sure you can imagine, our office was chaos. There are still investigations ongoing so I can't say much about it, other than, it looks like an accident. My heart aches for his family and friends.

I couldn't have had a more pertinent reminder of what this weekend is about. I spent most of my time off thinking about how lucky I am that, in this reality, I am surrounded by so much love.

No comments: