Sunday 3 February 2013

Back at it!

Well, this is day 3 back to training. I'm sore. Every year I try to mentally prepare myself for this level of pain, but really it's not possible. There's just no way to smoothly transition from moderate activity to extreme amount of exercise in the allotted time. Which is pretty much none. The rule is once you're back from break you have to attend all classes.

This break was amazing. I've really learned to appreciate the comforts of home. Having friends and family that I can call on at any moment. The warmth and comfort of home. The food. Silent River. I know I have a somewhat skewed perspective considering I don't work while I'm home. But I've even learned to appreciate all of my free time. It sometimes seems like there's so many hours in a day that I can do anything I want to.

I'm looking forward to moving back home. Not because I don't love the training, but I'm just tired of China. I know lots of people that love it here, but I prefer a quieter life. One things for sure, it will be nice to not live in the same room as my sister for a while. Hahaha....


1 comment:

Sun Wukong said...

This sounds oh so familiar. One thing I have come to appreciate going to Wudang, Is coming home. Cant imagine the level you feel with the amount of time you spend there. What I notice most is how wonderful it smells being outside. Ha, its funny even as I write this and amazing how much of an effect the air quality has. But it makes me appreciate the nature I am surrounded with at home..ah, the good smells of a powerful pines and oaks ;)