Friday 27 July 2012

The Future

I'm not sure what it is lately, maybe the fact that we're coming up on the three year mark here in China, but it seems that lately, many people have been asking me about my future plans. I don't generally like to think too much about my future back in Canada. Not only does it tend to distract me from my current training, but it usually makes me quite homesick.

I know I want to open a school. I don't know where, when or how. Although, I do have some ideas as to the curriculum, and how I want it to be set up, and what kind of students I want to attract. Still, I try to not get lost in my ideas and create visions of grandeur. I know opening a school is going to be difficult. I also know that it is not going to make me money right away. I do believe however, that after I have finished my time here, I will have a lot to offer people. I just have to demonstrate the confidence in myself to convince others.

2 comments:

Sifu Beckett Sr. said...

I believe in you 100%

Jeff Brinker said...

You are going to have so much to share when you return. I will be here to help you set up your school and get you started. Thank you for sharing this journey with all of us, you make me proud.